With over 20 years of FEA simulation experience in research and industry our specialists have contributed to the COPRA FEA RF continuous improvement. The target of the new 2020 version is to:
- Increase number of post-processing possibilities
- Improve the usability of the automatic report feature
- Enhance overall performance of the software in regard to its speed
Sheet thickness can be calculated and added to the result file as a contour plot. The user can request it while preparing the simulation (simulation run menu) or later on while post processing the simulation results.
A new post-processing funcionality is now available where the user can generate a diagram of the forces through all the stations.
This functionality allows the user to select the force directions and the axes-types for which the forces are plotted.
The diagram can be added to the report. Additionally, a sequence of report items can be automatically generated with the use of the automatic report functionality and based on a (user defined) critical level of the forming force or forming energy respectively.
A new post-processing funcionality is now available where the user can generate a diagram comparing designed forming work (as foreseen in COPRA RF) vs. simulated forming work for each station.
This new post processing result can also be selected as an automatic report item.
This development is a step towards an autonomous roll forming design optimization as it automatically identifies critical stations.
allows the restart of a simulation in which the results of a previous simulation in a specific station are used as the input for the subsequent stations. The user can save time by modifying the tool design without the need to re-simulate the forming until the modified stations.
- Marc/Mentat 2019 FeaturePack1 included (also for COPRA FEA RF WireRolling)
- Representation of the complete sheet in case of a symmetrically simulated profile becomes a global setting.
- CAD-Export: nurbs surfaces of simulated sheet in Parasolid (*.x_b) format
- General usability improvements
Some substantial new features / possibilities in simulations with friction and driven rolls can be presented.
- It is now possible to perform a restart of a simulation with friction after a "power off".
- One can now synchronize the view with the sheet movement in simulations with friction. In that case the sheet remains in the graphics area while post-processing and navigating through the stations.
- Post processing Topics for Friction available in Automatic Report
- Deformable shafts in simulation with friction
The possibility to represent deformable shafts (represented by a spring) in the simulation is now also available in simulations with friction.